“如果你没有花钱买产品 那你就是被卖的产品”
"If you're not paying for the product, then you are the product."
(你就是被卖的产品)
这种公司 他们的商业模式 是让人们的注意力持续吸引在屏幕上
companies like this, their business model is to keep people engaged on the screen.
我们来想办法 怎样尽最大可能
Let's figure out how to get as much of this person's attention
获得这个人的注意力
as we possibly can.
我们能让你在上面花多少时间?
How much time can we get you to spend?
我们能让你给我们分出 你人生的多少时间?
How much of your life can we get you to give to us?
当你去想 这些公司是怎样运作的
When you think about how some of these companies work,
就能开始想通了
it starts to make sense.
网络上有过各种服务 我们都认为是免费的
There are all these services on the Internet that we think of as free,
但它们并不是免费的 是广告商在付钱
but they're not free. They're paid for by advertisers.
广告商为什么给这些公司付钱?
Why do advertisers pay those companies?
它们付钱 交换给你展示广告
They pay in exchange for showing their ads to us.
我们是产品 我们的关注 就是卖给广告商的产品
We're the product. Our attention is the product being sold to advertisers.
这样说 过于简单化了
That's a little too simplistic.
产品其实是我们行为和认知的
It's the gradual, slight, imperceptible change
逐渐的、一点一点的 我们未察觉到的变化
in your own behavior and perception that is the product.
(行为和认知的 变化)